- The Ethernet Shield allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet. It is based on the Wiznet W5100 ethernet chip (datasheet). The Wiznet W5100 provides a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP. It supports up to four simultaneous socket connections. Use the Ethernet library to write sketches which connect to the internet using the shield. The ethernet shield connects to an Arduino board using long wire-wrap headers which extend through the shield. This keeps the pin layout intact and allows another shield to be stacked on top. The most recent revision of the board exposes the 1.0 pinout on rev 3 of the Lseeduino UNO board.
- The Ethernet Shield has a standard RJ-45 connection, with an integrated line transformer and Power over Ethernet enabled.
- There is an onboard micro-SD card slot, which can be used to store files for serving over the network. It is compatible with the Arduino Uno and Mega (using the Ethernet library). The onboard micro SD card reader is accessible through the SD Library. When working with this library, SS is on Pin 4.
- The shield also includes a reset controller, to ensure that the W5100 Ethernet module is properly reset on power-up. Arduino communicates with both the W5100 and micro SD card using the SPI bus (through the ICSP header). This is on digital pins 11, 12, and 13 on the Duemilanove and pins 50, 51, and 52 on the Mega. On both boards, pin 10 is used to select the W5100 and pin 4 for the micro SD card. These pins cannot be used for general i/o. On the Mega, the hardware SS pin, 53, is not used to select either the W5100 or the micro SD card, but it must be kept as an output or the SPI interface won't work.
- Note: Ethernet Shield Micro SD can only support 2GB memory card.
- Parameter: Standard Arduino and Arduino Mega compatible EthernetWIZ5100 Standard RJ45 Ethernet interface Arduino Ethernet Library compatible Support Micro SD Cardno more than 2GB Arduino/ Freaduino/Mega fully compatible Easy to access reset button Up to 4 TCP/UDP network connections SD Card IO CS:D4 ;MOSI:D11;SCK:D13;MISO:D12 Operating voltageDC5-12V
|English Manual / Spec||Yes|
|Dimensions||2.76 in x 2.2 in x 0.91 in (7 cm x 5.6 cm x 2.3 cm)|
|Weight||0.92 oz (26 g)|
|Package content||1 x W5100 R3 Shield Network expansion board|
Upload your photo to win 2 - 4 GeekPoints Customer Photos
Upload your video to win 2 - 8 GeekPoints Customer Videos